[Solved] VB does not list network card

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Rume

[Solved] VB does not list network card

Post by Rume »

Hi, my VB does not list my network card when I use Bridge Mode. How I can refresh this list?

I install again the VB but nothing.
Last edited by socratis on 18. Sep 2018, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VB does not list network card

Post by socratis »

Guess: your antivirus is most probably not letting the Bridged filter to be installed. Shut your antivirus down, or even better, uninstall it. Then reinstall VirtualBox.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

If you go to network settings in the host, select a network adapter and look at the properties, you should find at least one "VirtualBox xxx Bridged Networking Driver" is present and checked in the list of drivers associated with the card. If not then the bridged networking driver is not installed, or you have something other than a network card (e.g. a dialup cellular network modem may not be treated as a NIC by the host OS).
Rume

Post by Rume »

socratis wrote:Guess: your antivirus is most probably not letting the Bridged filter to be installed. Shut your antivirus down, or even better, uninstall it. Then reinstall VirtualBox.
Not a antivirus, I tested this option.
Rume

Post by Rume »

mpack wrote:If you go to network settings in the host, select a network adapter and look at the properties, you should find at least one "VirtualBox xxx Bridged Networking Driver" is present and checked in the list of drivers associated with the card. If not then the bridged networking driver is not installed, or you have something other than a network card (e.g. a dialup cellular network modem may not be treated as a NIC by the host OS).
No, this driver not exist; how I can install this driver?
Rume

Post by Rume »

Resolved;

I found in installation the driver to Virtual Box; Now, It´s OK. Thanks!!!

path: C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\drivers\network
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I take it you mean that you installed the driver by clicking on the .inf file, right?
Glad you got it going. Marking as [Solved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.