How come bidirectional copy paste does not work?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
HeadAche1

How come bidirectional copy paste does not work?

Post by HeadAche1 »

As well as drag-drop. I have it enabled in settings.

I am running Windows 7 32 bit in virtual box on a windows 10 os.

Another question: how can I reset virtual machine to the state it was right after I installed the os? For example, I tested a software and found that it might be a MALWARE and infected my virtual machine already, but I dont want to reinstall the os again.

Thank you for all the help I've gotten from this board!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: How come bidirectional copy paste does not work?

Post by socratis »

Copy/Paste and Drag'n'Drop both require the Guest Additions to be installed on the guest.

As for resetting your VM, that's what the "Snapshots" are for. You take one snapshot, do your test and then revert back. But don't overdo it, I usually never have more than 1 snapshot. If I ever need 2, it's only temporary. Do yourself a favor and do a test run before actually using them. And make sure that you read ch. 1.11 Snapshots from the user manual, all of it.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.