The virtual machine '####' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
AdrienB

The virtual machine '####' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1)

Post by AdrienB »

Hello i have a problem, when i try to start my VM i have an error :

(rc= -5640)

Where:supR3HardenedWinReSpawn what: 1
VERR_SUP_VP_THREAD_NOT_ALONE (-5640) - Process Verification Failure: The process has more than one thread.

The virtual machine '####' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1).
Code d'erreur : E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Composant : MachineWrap
Interface : IMachine {85cd948e-a71f-4289-281e-0ca7ad48cd89}

I tryed to check on the web but nothing.
I give you my logs.

Vbox work correctly for all my colleagues.

Best regards,

Adrien.
Attachments
VBoxHardening.zip
(11.91 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: The virtual machine '####' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1)

Post by mpack »

Discussion of this is in the FAQ. Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues.
AdrienB

Re: The virtual machine '####' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1)

Post by AdrienB »

Hello, i read this but don't resolve.
Thanks.
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

To quote the FAQ:
NOTE Recent (5.2.x ?) versions of VirtualBox may be producing errors with increased frequency for a new class of hardening problems (though perhaps it is user behaviour which has changed). This is signified by an error message "More than one thread in process" being recorded in the log. This message implies that a foreign thread has successfully injected itself into the VirtualBox executable space, success indicating that the associated DLLs presumably must have been signed. The usual culprits are certain kinds of "web safe" internet browser filters or remote desktop applications. Those applications must be uninstalled, or VirtualBox must be added as an exception to their activities.
There's really nothing I can add to that. Only you can know what software in this category is installed on your PC.
AdrienB

Post by AdrienB »

And wich DLL Vbox use ?
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

VirtualBox doesn't "use" those DLLs, the host OS does, and VirtualBox has no control over which DLLs are loaded by the host OS into the VirtualBox process.
AdrienB

Post by AdrienB »

So, i can't work with Virtual Box. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

You need to look at what is installed on your computer, figure out which application is injecting itself into VirtualBox and then either remove it or add an exception to make it leave VirtualBox alone.

We can't do it for you as we aren't sat in front of your PC and don't know what is installed on it.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

AdrienB wrote:So, i can't work with Virtual Box.
Sure you can, and you have already been told how.
The usual culprits are certain kinds of "web safe" internet browser filters or remote desktop applications. Those applications must be uninstalled, or VirtualBox must be added as an exception to their activities.