Critical error has occurred while running the VM and the machine execution has been stopped

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Sai Naveen

Critical error has occurred while running the VM and the machine execution has been stopped

Post by Sai Naveen »

Hi Everyone,

Can you please look into this issue and can you suggest something for it. Details are given below

Host system : Windows 64 bit 4 GB RAM 1TB Storage Capacity
Virtual-BOX : 64 bit supported
Virtual Machine Created : LinuxMint : Linux : Ubuntu : 1 GB RAM and 10 GB storage capacity

Please verify the image and the log files attached and let me know the what was the issue and help me with the resolution.

For your info, I have downloaded the virtualbox zip in D drive and ran it virtualbox is installed successfully and I have the ISO file for linux Mint in E drive. Does this make any difference?

Thanks in advanced :) :) :) :)

Thanks,
Sai Naveen.
Attachments
Image and Log.rar
Image file and Log files
(42.24 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Critical error has occurred while running the VM and the machine execution has been stopped

Post by andyp73 »

VBox.log wrote:
00:00:11.790872 HM: HMR3Init: Falling back to raw-mode: VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes
You need to enable this in the motherboard / PC / laptop BIOS. Your Intel i5-2520M CPU supports it. See your PC's manufacturer help on how to do this. Also, make sure that nothing else has an exclusive hold on the VT-x.

Your log file also reports only 1080MB of free memory of which you have allocated 1024MB as RAM and 16MB as video memory to the guest. You may find that you need to increase the VRAM to 64Mb or 128MB in which case you will need to reduce the amount of RAM to 768MB. Closing some applications on the host might free up some more memory which may help.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.