Error VM Windows 10 - The process has more than one thread [SOLVED with a Windows update]

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Nemesis89

Error VM Windows 10 - The process has more than one thread [SOLVED with a Windows update]

Post by Nemesis89 »

Hi :)

have a proplema with my virtual machine(Versione 5.2.18 r124319 Qt5.6.2), which almost always returns error.
I attach LOG and error screen.

I found the same problem in other discussions, but I did not solve it anyway.

Also because after several attempts to reboot, closing and opening vm, at the end randomanically manages to start.

But I would like to avoid losing half an hour every time and resolve permanently.

Thank you so much.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (48.37 KiB) Viewed 817 times
VBoxHardening.log
(71.9 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Last edited by Nemesis89 on 17. Sep 2018, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Error VM Windows 10 - The process has more than one thread

Post by mpack »

Nemesis89

Re: Error VM Windows 10 - The process has more than one thread

Post by Nemesis89 »

mpack wrote:You should read FAQ: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues.
Thank you.

I tried everything, without solving.

But incredibly after the last update of windows 10, restarting the PC, now the virtual machine starts at first shot! always.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Error VM Windows 10 - The process has more than one thread [SOLVED with a Windows update]

Post by mpack »

Hmm. I'm happy for you, but I'm not convinced that the problem will not come back. I rather doubt that Windows itself was the problem, so I suspect that some invasive task was disabled by the Windows update. Hopefully that cure will be permanent, but there is also a chance that you will reinstall or re-enable the software which was responsible. In which case you need to be aware of when you do that.