iPhone not recognized in High Sierra guest, but other USB devices are

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
TheKingElessar

iPhone not recognized in High Sierra guest, but other USB devices are

Post by TheKingElessar »

I'm trying to connect my iPhone to my macOS High Sierra guest on my Windows host. When I connect it through either a filter or manually it shows up as Captured but not accessible. When not connected to the guest it's available on the host and shows up as Busy on the guest.

When I connect other USB devices such as a USB drive it works perfectly and they are accessible through the guest.

I haven't been able to find a way to fix this (I have looked at the FAQ thread for USB problems and scoured the internet). Some similar problems have been resolved by deleting the UpperFilters entry in rhe registry, but I don't have that. In another thread, it's resolved by uninstalling a certain program but I don't have that installed.

Attached are the logs.
Attachments
Attachments.zip
(52.52 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: iPhone not recognized in High Sierra guest, but other USB devices are

Post by andyp73 »

You are running a macOS guest (aka a Hackintosh) under a Windows 10 host on non-Apple hardware. This is not supported and is also a violation of Apple's End User License Agreement (EULA). More details can be found at: Important notice regarding Mac OS X as Guest

Had you searched around the forums you would have seen that there are many similar threads all of which end up in the same state - locked and consigned to oblivion. Yours will be sent the same way the next time a site admin / mod passes by.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.