Help needed - Win 10

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Busheuk

Help needed - Win 10

Post by Busheuk »

The virtual machine 'VIDA' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1). More details may be available in 'C:\Users\elton\VirtualBox VMs\VIDA\Logs\VBoxHardening.log

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine VIDA.

The virtual machine 'VIDA' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1). More details may be available in 'C:\Users\elton\VirtualBox VMs\VIDA\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'.

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: MachineWrap
Interface: IMachine {85cd948e-a71f-4289-281e-0ca7ad48cd89}
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Help needed - Win 10

Post by andyp73 »

Did you look in the file that was suggested in the error message to see if it did indeed contain more details? If you don't understand its contents then you could always post it here (zipped of course).

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
Busheuk

Post by Busheuk »

I did look, but didn't really understand. So here is the log file zipped up!
Attachments
VBoxHardening.zip
(10.11 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Busheuk

Post by Busheuk »

anyone help?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Please read really carefully the following FAQ: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues for some generic guidelines/ideas. Remember, these are guidelines, not the exact solution, you have to use your judgement as to which program might be responsible...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.