[Solved] ERROR: emR3Debug: rc=VERR_TRPM_DONT_PANIC

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
NewtoThis
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: linux mint 19/ New VB download

[Solved] ERROR: emR3Debug: rc=VERR_TRPM_DONT_PANIC

Post by NewtoThis »

I AM TOTALLY NEW to this sorry.
I watched 1 video and then I installed VB as per video on youtube. then I had downloaded Linux Mint into folder. I selected it, it loaded and showed mint screen then
went black and showed this as final line. (not sure if the rest of the log was needed)

Can anyone assist me? I am reading but finding to no avail a solution.....yet.

humble thank you in advance!

I saved vbox log as zip . how do I get it to this area? sorry
Last edited by NewtoThis on 4. Sep 2018, 06:17, edited 3 times in total.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: ERROR: emR3Debug: rc=VERR_TRPM_DONT_PANIC

Post by mpack »

Please provide a VM log file. With the VM fully shut down, right click it in the GUI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.
NewtoThis

Post by NewtoThis »

I tried to copy and paste here. cut and pqste here. I could email it to email.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

When you have clicked on the button to create a reply, there is an option to "Upload attachment"...
Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 14.07.45.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 14.07.45.png (43.78 KiB) Viewed 6834 times
-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
NewtoThis

Post by NewtoThis »

VBox.zip
(60.77 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
here thx
Attachments
VBox.zip
(60.77 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

VBox.log wrote:
00:01:26.047278   VRamSize         <integer> = 0x0000000001000000 (16 777 216, 16 MB)
16MB won't be enough video memory to run the UI of a recent Linux version. This needs to be set to 128MB or 256MB.
VBox.log wrote:
00:01:26.047521 HM: HMR3Init: Falling back to raw-mode: AMD-V is disabled in the BIOS (or by the host OS)
This is the problem that is causing the guru meditation. You need to enable this in the motherboard / PC / laptop BIOS. See your PC's manufacturer help on how to do this. Also, make sure that nothing else has an exclusive hold on the AMD-V.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
NewtoThis

Post by NewtoThis »

OK, I finally found in CMOS setup hidden the switch for virtual. Geeze. Rebooted and it worked.

Now however - I created the Mint login.. And forgot it. (it took so many etterations I forgot the final one. Grrr
any way to reset or recover it?
I need that password to modify/ mint add things ect that you well know about. Hehehe

I am super excited about what I have seen so far! Just setting up is new to me.

Sincere thanks to alll of you patient and intelligent gurus that take the time for newbies like me.
Looks like I will be writing some commands according to youtube video I am watching on full setup. (almost finished with it now)
working on guest setup stuff. It required my password and I realized I forgot the last one that actually took.

If I get this resolved I will be home free stretch.

I will deep dive for commands to better set mint and applications. Excuse to use them. Lol

but now I need password remember show or reset for mint.

I humbly ask for assistance just once more.
alton
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Post by BillG »

If it was a simple matter to change a password, there would be no point in having one, would there? Anyone could do it at any time.

This has nothing to do with VirtualBox. It works exactly the same way as on a physical machine running the same OS. If all else fails, reinstall the OS and make sure you record or remember the password you choose.
Bill
subramanyag9112

Re: [Solved] ERROR: emR3Debug: rc=VERR_TRPM_DONT_PANIC

Post by subramanyag9112 »

I also got the same error, after I stopped the virtual memory(off the paging) in windows. The solution is either on paging or decrease the size of ram allocated to the virtual machine.