Recent sound problems

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Markie

Recent sound problems

Post by Markie »

I've searched for my problem and found a load of others apparently having the same problem, like here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=85695

There seems to be no real solution yet, just a few people saying they solved it in one or another way, but none confirmed working for all.

Since I tried all the suggestions I could find and none works for me, my question is: Is there a reliable fix yet that I've overlooked and if not, which version of VB was the last without this problem?

If that's important, I'm running a WinXP guest and a Win10 guest on a Win10 host.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Recent sound problems

Post by socratis »

Markie wrote:on a Win10 host.
That's where the majority of problems comes from; Windows hosts. The problem is ongoing and is being worked on. Your best bet at the moment is to wait for a newer version, there's no "magic fix" that is kept a secret.

You could be trying the Test Builds, or the Development Snapshots, although I wouldn't really suggest the latter, unless you know what you're getting into; more potential bugs, unfinished business, half-baked features. Oh, and did I mention that the Development Snapshots are not supported, i.e. no threads in the forums, no new tickets in the bugtracker? You can read more details in the VirtualBox test builds page.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Markie

Post by Markie »

Thanks for the reply and yes, I'm aware of problems with unsupported test builts.
I wasn't really looking for a newer version, unless it has an official fix for this, I was asking for an older version that hasn't had the problem.

On Windows being the problem: As far as I have red, the problem also exists under other host systems.
FigNewton

Post by FigNewton »

Markie, same here. It's getting pretty old waiting for this to get fixed. The last version that I think didn't have audio issues for me (Win10 host, linux guest) was 5.0.40. Your mileage may vary though, professional driver on a closed course.