Virtualbox launch error

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Rooney1111

Virtualbox launch error

Post by Rooney1111 »

I was getting the following error on launch...see attachment. I completely deleted Virtualbox and the WinXP installation and after 2 days work had it all installed and running again. It worked for a couple of days but now the error has returned. Any advice on how to resolved this without another 2 wasted days greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Virtual box error.JPG
Virtual box error.JPG (35.49 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Virtualbox launch error

Post by socratis »

Do you see the last part of the bold message mentioning a file; "C:\Users\Graham\VirtualBox VMs\WinXP\Logs\VBoxHardening.log"? Well, ZIP that file and attach it to your response.

You seem to have a hardening problem. Please read really carefully the following FAQ: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues for some generic guidelines/ideas. Remember, these are guidelines, not the exact solution, you have to use your judgement as to which program might be responsible...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Rooney1111

Post by Rooney1111 »

Hi Hardening log attached as requested - thanks
Attachments
VBoxHardening.7z
(10.1 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Did you read the article I linked to? Please do. And then start by uninstalling Malwarebytes.

I do not give you the links just for fun, you're supposed to read the linked article and act upon the advice presented there...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Rooney1111

Post by Rooney1111 »

Hi, yes have read article and uninstalled Malwarebytes but still the same problem.

Thanks for your help!
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Rooney1111 wrote:Hi, yes have read article and uninstalled Malwarebytes but still the same problem.
I'm sorry, but that's not what the log said:
2568.2fa8: supR3HardenedWinFindAdversaries: 0x80
2568.2fa8: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\MBAMSwissArmy.sys:
2568.2fa8:     FileDescription: Malwarebytes SwissArmy
Rooney1111

Post by Rooney1111 »

It's what the log I sent you said, I have subsequently, and on your adviec, now removed Malwarebytes and AVG but still not working. Should I resend the log now that these 2 apps have been removed?

Many thanks
Rooney1111

Post by Rooney1111 »

Have decided to abandon VB in favour of the free version of VMWare, but thanks for your help!

Regards
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Thread locked, not because Rooney1111 decided to not use VirtualBox, but because the thread was a victim of vandalism and breaking of the forum rules.

@Admins/Moderators: Details in the Quarantine area, same topic...