Trouble with Extension Install

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
J.Bach.87

Trouble with Extension Install

Post by J.Bach.87 »

Failed to install the Extension Pack C:/Users/justn/Downloads/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.2.16.vbox-extpack.

The installer failed with exit code 1: VBoxExtPackHelperApp.exe: error: argv[0] does not match the executable image path: 'D:VBoxExtPackHelperApp.exe' != 'D:\VBoxExtPackHelperApp.exe'.

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ExtPackManagerWrap
Interface: IExtPackManager {edba9d10-45d8-b440-1712-46ac0c9bc4c5}
Hello. I am new to using VirtualBox and was hoping for some help with an issue I'm having. Every time I try to install the Extension, I keep getting this same error. I have already tried deleting the file, re downloading, reinstalling the main program. The versions for both the Program and extension match. I'm at best, an entry-level user as far as IT knowledge, so any suggestions would be of great help to me so that I can get back to work. Thank You.
Last edited by socratis on 12. Aug 2018, 09:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Enclosed the information in [quote] tag for better readability
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Trouble with Extension Install

Post by socratis »

99% you have a 3rd party antivirus (non-native Defender) that is overzealous and is trying to "protect" you. Uninstall it. You're going to be far better...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.