VNC ExtensionPack

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
wedwards

VNC ExtensionPack

Post by wedwards »

I have been searching for the VNC ExtensionPack and have been unable to locate it. Is this something that still exists? If so, where would I locate it.
I searched the forums and there are references to source code and also to prebuilt packages but I have yet to identify the extensionpack.

Unfortunately, RDP is not an option for me. Are there alternatives that would allow you to connect to the guest via VNC?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VNC ExtensionPack

Post by socratis »

wedwards wrote:I have been searching for the VNC ExtensionPack and have been unable to locate it.
Ch. 9.23 Other extension packs of the User Manual has the answers.
wedwards wrote:Are there alternatives that would allow you to connect to the guest via VNC?
Install a VNC server in the guest?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
wedwards

Post by wedwards »

Adding a VNC server to the guest -- great idea. I did that and it worked, however I would like to utilize the built-in tools within virtualbox if possible.
So far, Googling the subject has brought any clarity to the situation.

I attempted to apply the settings as described but the command errored out. Please advise
VBoxManage setproperty vrdeextpack VNC

VBoxManage.exe: error: No extension pack by the name 'VNC' was found
VBoxManage.exe: error: Details: code VBOX_E_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND (0x80bb0001), component ExtPackManagerWrap, interface IExtPackManager, callee IUnknown
VBoxManage.exe: error: Context: "COMSETTER(DefaultVRDEExtPack)(Bstr(a->argv[1]).raw())" at line 887 of file VBoxManageMisc.cpp
ChipMcK
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, OSX

Post by ChipMcK »

. . . VNC, which is open source and . . .
you have compiled it, yes?
wedwards

Post by wedwards »

I have not compiled the application. I will see how doable that is for me.

Thank you,

W.
itoss

Post by itoss »

How do You build the extentionpack ? Where do you find the EXPak sourcecode ?