Network problem with Win 10

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Lakshithalrc

Network problem with Win 10

Post by Lakshithalrc »

I'm using VM 5.2.12 in windows 10 and installed two different XP machines in the VM. Also I have bridge my network adapter. When I tried to connect from through Ethernet in virtual machine It is fine when I plugged the network cable before start the virtual machine. But When I plugged the network cable after starting the virtual machine I can access with physical machine but can't in virtual machines. Can Anyone answer this?

Thanks and Regards.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Network problem with Win 10

Post by socratis »

You will need to refresh the IP addresses from the VMs.

When you start the VMs with the cable unconnected, the VMs do *not* get an IP address. When you connect the cable to the host, there is no notification that you connected the cable for the VMs. So you have to manually update the IPs from within the VMs. There's a ticket I think open for this already.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Lakshithalrc

Post by Lakshithalrc »

Can you please give me the link for the ticket.
Thank you for your reply.
Last edited by socratis on 18. Aug 2018, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Is a search for "connected site:www.virtualbox.org" that much difficult? :shock:

Because that's exactly what I did: ...plus some more if you search for "docked", where the network comes and goes, just like in your case.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.