Hardening problems after trying suggestions

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Pdschu

Hardening problems after trying suggestions

Post by Pdschu »

I finally got the virtualbox to see 64 bit OSes only to find a new problem that prevents me from running Linux on Win 10 host. :mrgreen:

---------------------------
VirtualBox - Error In supR3HardenedWinReSpawn
<html><b>Error relaunching VirtualBox VM process: 5<br>Command line: '60eaff78-4bdd-042d-2e72-669728efd737-suplib-3rdchild --comment "Linux Mint 19" --startvm 9875b420-45ba-4cf7-8073-8cad20a81479 --no-startvm-errormsgbox "--sup-hardening-log=C:\Users\Paul\VirtualBox VMs\Linux Mint 19\Logs\VBoxHardening.log"' (rc=-104)</b><br/><br/>Please try reinstalling VirtualBox.<br><br><!--EOM-->where: supR3HardenedWinReSpawn
what: 5
VERR_INVALID_NAME (-104) - Invalid (malformed) file/path name.
</html>
OK
I have disabled Malwarebytes and uninstalled Stardock bridges which I saw in the log file previously. Have no idea where to go from here. I have uninstalled the virtualbox and reinstalled as administrator. Is there a way to disable hardening?
Attachments
VBoxHardening.zip
(11.37 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Hardening problems after trying suggestions

Post by andyp73 »

Pdschu wrote:I have disabled Malwarebytes
With some of these tools disabled isn't enough. You need to uninstall it.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.