Virtuaslbox returning hyper-v errors despite hyper-v being turned off

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
TeranDraconius

Virtuaslbox returning hyper-v errors despite hyper-v being turned off

Post by TeranDraconius »

I've encountered a recent issue in VirtualBox. It's recently started giving me errors such as: VT-x is not available(VERR_VMX_NO_VMX). On another one of my virtual machines it says: Raw-mode is unavailable courtesy of Hyper-V. (VERR_SUPDRV_NO_RAW_MODE_HYPER_V_ROOT).

The issue though, is that I had Hyper-V completely disabled. I had to forcibly disable it in CMD, as doing it the "turn windows features on or off" way, refused to work and windows would say it was "unable to complete my changes" after restarting. So instead I used a CMD command to disable Hyper-V. After this my virtual machines worked fine up until I started getting these errors as of recently.

I have no idea what set it off, I even ran a powershell script to check and it shows that the CMD command I used to disable hyper-v worked. So I'm not sure why I'm getting hyper-v related errors, despite me having it disable, as well! I even checked to see if I had virtualization enabled in my BIOS and I have that enabled as well! If anyone has any suggestions, as so far I have been unable to located one, that doesn't pertain to disabling Hyper-v.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Virtuaslbox returning hyper-v errors despite hyper-v being turned off

Post by mpack »

You have a recent build of Win10 installed as the host right? In that case Hyper-v has become a whole smorgasbord of related apps. All of which use VT-x and don't pass it on for other apps to use.