Problems with the network

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
cricpy

Problems with the network

Post by cricpy »

Hello everyone.
Again I have the same problem of all versions of virtualbox running on a Windows (from win7 to win10).
The following happens: I have my PC with Win10, I have 2 network cards that point to different networks. I installed Virtualbox and create a VM. In my host the output to the network or Internet is done by the predominant card, so to use the other output to the network and Internet I configure the VM to use the second network card. Up there there are no problems, the guest plugin connects without problems. But when for some reason I need to change the network of the second card, my guest no longer takes the configuration of the new network.

The only way for my VM to take the new configuration is to completely shut down and restart the VM. With rebooting is not enough, neither disconnect / connect. This occurs more frequently in Windows VMs than in Linux VMs

To install a VM I only configure the display and the network in Bridge mode and select the second network card. The rest of the settings are by default.