macOS 10.4 hangs on Apple screen

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Eye of the Tiger (10.4)

macOS 10.4 hangs on Apple screen

Post by Eye of the Tiger (10.4) »

I am installing macOS 10.4 Tiger on a Windows 10 host. Initially, the VM went to a UEFI bootscreen with [shell: |] on it but I fixed it. Then, it took me to a screen that said "Press any key to install" or something like that. So I pressed a key. Then it took me to a screen with a gray Apple logo and a gray "loading" circle on a light gray background. It spun around for a while and then it just hung. Then I turned "nested paging" off as suggested in some other post on another site (that one wasn't actually answered), and did the same thing but no loading symbol appeared. Just the Apple logo.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: macOS 10.4 hangs on Apple screen

Post by andyp73 »

It appears that you are trying to run a macOS guest (aka a Hackintosh) under a Windows 10 host on non-Apple hardware. This is not supported and is also a violation of Apple's End User License Agreement (EULA). More details can be found at: Important notice regarding Mac OS X as Guest

If you are someone who has actually installed Windows 10 onto genuine Apple hardware and are now trying to install macOS as a guest, which (to use another British expression) is rarer than rocking horse droppings, then you will need to prove that before we can provide any support.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: macOS 10.4 hangs on Apple screen

Post by socratis »

andyp73 wrote:rarer than rocking horse droppings
I honestly love the linguistic aspects of this! :D

Locking this.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.