Virtualbox problem with Trusteer Rapport

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.

Re: Virtualbox problem with Trusteer Rapport

Postby zatz » 5. May 2019, 11:39

JorgeOC wrote:Is this still the only solution to the Trusteer Rapport problem (the one posted by IBM)?

If you mean the one here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=88480#p427703 where you rename files, then it's probably not the only solution.

The solution that I posted later in this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=88480&p=448061#p429051 which is also from IBM works for me. The only issue is that you need to change the registry settings again when you install a new version of VirtualBox.
zatz

Postby JorgeOC » 5. May 2019, 21:03

Thank you very much for the observation, I don´t know how I missed it.I will try it and in case of problems I will come back. Regards
JorgeOC

Postby JorgeOC » 6. May 2019, 00:16

Sorry to say, I followed zatz instructions and still not working. I do not know what else to do. I enclose log file. Any help will be appreciated.
Regards
Attachments
VBoxHardening.rar
this is the first run after installing and following zatz's procedure
(9.65 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
JorgeOC

Postby JorgeOC » 14. May 2019, 06:28

I'm happy to say that VM is working now. I did not do anything else to fix it. Besides I do not have tu run the command "sc start vboxdrv" everytime I boot my PC. The VBoxDrv key values start remains as 3 and Type as 2. The only event was a Windows update, I would doubt it fixed it. Anyway thanks for the help.
JorgeOC

Previous

Return to VirtualBox on Windows Hosts