Virtual machine Linux mint error during startup

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Ubuntu_stranger
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux Mint, Ubuntu

Virtual machine Linux mint error during startup

Post by Ubuntu_stranger »

I need your help. Early my virtual machine from snapshot worked in the windows 8.1 x64 VirtualBox 4.3.28. But windows 8.1 is broken, therefore i installed windows 10 x64 and VirtualBox of latest version and tried to move all source files( logs, snapshots, vdi disk e.t.c ) of virtual machines from old to new location folder and run virtual OS from there. Of course adding of Linux Mint virtual machine is competed successfully without any warnings, but during virtual machine running from last snapshot, my session was dropped with next error in the bottom screen. As well i pinned the .zip archive with log files during Linux Mint virtual machine loading. I broke my head and all the same i didn't know what to do in my situation :cry: :cry: . Where is problem could be ?
Attachments
VB_logs.zip
(44.44 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
unknown exception error ( sorry for Russian )
unknown exception error ( sorry for Russian )
Снимок2.jpg (124.85 KiB) Viewed 1443 times
mpack
Site Moderator
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Virtual machine Linux mint error during startup

Post by mpack »

The details of exactly how you moved the VMs to a new host OS eludes me. Anyway please see FAQ: How to move a VM.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Ubuntu_stranger wrote:my session was dropped with next error in the bottom screen.
It's kind of difficult to find Russian speaking users, and since the language of the forums is English, would you mind translating the error for us? Thanks...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

The error message might have something to do with this:
00:03:05.841647 Host RAM: 3658MB (3.5GB) total, 395MB available
00:03:32.819899 RamSize <integer> = 0x0000000080000000 (2 147 483 648, 2 048 MB)
00:03:32.824772 VRamSize <integer> = 0x0000000000c00000 (12 582 912, 12 MB)
Ubuntu_stranger
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux Mint, Ubuntu

Post by Ubuntu_stranger »

socratis wrote:It's kind of difficult to find Russian speaking users, and since the language of the forums is English, would you mind translating the error for us? Thanks...
of course. No problem:
The exception unknown software exception (0x80000003) occured in the application at location 0x00007FFF9A0A176D.
"OK" -- application exit
"Cancel" --application debug
Just my OS Windows is translated in Russian, but i can understand English well. Don't worry. Only please help me.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Ubuntu_stranger wrote:Only please help me.
Did you see mpack's answer, just before yours? You are assigning memory to your guest, that you do not have available. Either close some applications on the host, buy more RAM for the host, or reduce the amount of RAM assigned to the guest.

And thanks for the translation... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.