[Solved] Upgrade to 5.2.12r122591 --> error in supR3HardenedWinReSpawn VERR_INVALID_NAME

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
KGEAR

[Solved] Upgrade to 5.2.12r122591 --> error in supR3HardenedWinReSpawn VERR_INVALID_NAME

Post by KGEAR »

Hello,
i upgrade my vrtualbox from 5.2.8 to 5.2.12r122591.
Host : Windows 7
I have a Windows guess: Windows 2008
It doesn't work anymore.
I have an error : Error in supR3HardenedWinReSpawn

Échec de l'ouverture de session pour la machine virtuelle XXXX.

The virtual machine 'Espace4' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1). More details may be available in 'C:\Users\YYYY\VirtualBox VMs\XXXX\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'.

Code d'erreur : E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Composant : MachineWrap
Interface : IMachine {85cd948e-a71f-4289-281e-0ca7ad48cd89}

I try to downgrade to oldest version of vbox : nothing works.

Does anyone meet this issue?

Thank you for helping me!
Attachments
VBoxHardening.zip
vboxhardening.log
(12.34 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Last edited by socratis on 24. Jun 2018, 18:31, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Upgrade to 5.2.12r122591 --> error in supR3HardenedWinReSpawn VERR_INVALID_NAME

Post by socratis »

• Edit your message.
  • Delete the two partial logs.
  • Attach ONE ZIPPED log. It helps save space and it's easier to work with.
Also, read really carefully the following FAQ: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues for some generic guidelines/ideas. Remember, these are guidelines, not the exact solution, you have to use your judgement...

I'd start by uninstalling Malwarebytes...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
KGEAR

Re: Upgrade to 5.2.12r122591 --> error in supR3HardenedWinReSpawn VERR_INVALID_NAME

Post by KGEAR »

• I have uninstalled Malwarebytes
  • I have ran "sfc /scannow" : nothing wrong
  • I reinstall virtualbow with admin right
  • I exclude virtualBox directories (executable, VM) from Microsoft Security Essential
Nothing better happen : the same issue.

Do you have another idea or suggestion ?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Not until I see a VBoxHardening.log.zip. Also, take a good look at what software you have installed on your computer, I can't do that for you. That's why I said you have to use your judgement.

For example, there has been lately an issue with several banking software that gets installed and acts as a babysitter, watching all of your processes. See one such case called Trusteer Rapport here.

BTW, moving to "Windows Hosts" from "Windows Guests", since it's your host that has the problem.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
KGEAR

Post by KGEAR »

You are right.
I uninstall IBM Trusteer Rapport and it works much better.

Merci pour votre aide. Sans vous je n'aurais jamais trouvé.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

KGEAR wrote:Merci pour votre aide. Sans vous je n'aurais jamais trouvé.
Pas de quoi! ;)
KGEAR wrote:I uninstall IBM Trusteer Rapport and it works much better.
Good to hear, marking as [Solved].