Weird mouse behavior?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Oddgamer

Weird mouse behavior?

Post by Oddgamer »

Okay, so I've got VB on my machine, installed Windows XP, and installed the game I've been trying to get working. Got the experimental 3D thing going, game is running alright. I'm able to see the pointer just fine in the game (after the movie fails to show right, so i have to watch a black screen for a while and guess when i should click to continue... no matter). When using the mouse as a pointer, things go just fine. When I'm using it as if I'm dragging, however (such as literal click and drag, or in 'mouse-look' mode) things get... weird. As far as I can determine, it seems to thing that I'm using something like a tablet to interact with things. I press to the left, it goes left, but when I try to go right it continues to the left for a while as if I'm 'tilting the tablet back' and thus still going left a bit. The 'pointing device' is set to PS/2Mouse (though it wasn't when I installed the game, it was set to tablet at that point). Any ideas on how to fix this, if it's possible to? I really would like to play this game again. I miss it since Win10 made it impossible for me. :(
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Weird mouse behavior?

Post by socratis »

What's the game's name? Can I find it and try it out, so I can understand more clearly what you're referring to?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Oddgamer

Post by Oddgamer »

Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I found a copy, installed it and I know what you mean. I don't think you can do too much about it, it's the way that the game interprets the mouse coordinates. I found that just rotating the camera is finicky, at best. My best option was releasing the mouse and clicking it again.

PS/2 or USB tablet didn't make a difference. Try windowed mode, try to change the mouse sensitivity, try the mouse settings from your host and your guest. other than that, can't think of anything more.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Ruki

Post by Ruki »

I am experiencing similar issues when playing World of Warcraft (private server, lights hope \ Northdale) client version 1.12.1.

Any hope for a fix to this?