bluetooth conflicts issues

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Chern0

bluetooth conflicts issues

Post by Chern0 »

Is there anyway to hide/disable/block a specific USB port/device from virtualbox , the reason because my keyboard stop working when I just open up virtualbox and I think the reason because the virtualbox is trying to use the bluetooth adapter to make it's ready to be used by the guest , so if there any way to block virtualbox from using the adapter from first place
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: bluetooth conflicts issues

Post by socratis »

VirtualBox doesn't capture devices, unless specifically told to. Check your USB settings for a filter. If you have one (especially a blank one) remove it.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Chern0

Post by Chern0 »

I already think of that, but is even if there are no any virtual created the "bluetooth keyboard" stop working , when i just open up the virtualbox
Chern0

Post by Chern0 »

a live video demonstrating the problem

Last edited by Chern0 on 31. Jul 2018, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Any 3rd party programs that you have installed on your host that might be doing something with the Bluetooth adapter? Any system-wide software like Wireshark or similar that could listen/debug your USB connections?
  1. Uninstall VirtualBox. Your VMs are going to be untouched. Reboot.
  2. You may want to clean up your registry and/or filesystem at this point. CCleaner is a freeware utility that could help you. Mind the installation, it comes with "offers" from 3rd parties, known as "bundleware". Also, check out Device Cleanup program that helps you to remove any unused devices from your computer.
  3. Download (if you haven't already) the latest VirtualBox and its matching ExtPack. Store them in a common location, i.e. not on "Desktop", or "Documents", but to "Public/Downloads" for example.
  4. Uninstall (don't simply disable) all 3rd party antivirus. If you're afraid about your computer being vulnerable, pull the Ethernet plug, disconnect your WiFi, don't go browsing around.
  5. Locate the downloaded file in Windows Explorer. Right-click on the installer and select "Run-as-Administrator", even if you are the administrator. At the end of the installation, choose to "Start Oracle VM VirtualBox". Do not worry if your VMs do not show up.
  6. If you're going to install the ExtPack, go to File » Preferences » Extensions. Click on the icon with the orange, down-pointing arrow on the right. Select the ExtPack from the previous steps.
  7. Quit VirtualBox. Re-start VirtualBox as you would normally, i.e. from the Desktop shortcut or the Start menu.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Chern0

Post by Chern0 »

I installed Windows in a clean machine doesn't have anything on it except the virtualbox and I plugged it in the Bluetooth adapter paired with keyboard , and i get the same issues " when i start virtualbox keyboard stopped working "
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

That's really baffling... I can't think of any reason why this would/could happen, especially in a freshly installed host!

Are you using anything special about this Windows installation? Which version of Windows is it, exactly?
Chern0

Post by Chern0 »

nothing special , windows 10 pro 64x last update :?
Chern0

bluetooth keyboard stop working when i open virtualbox

Post by Chern0 »

I'm using windows 10 to host and virtualbox version 5.2.16

and I haven't really weird issues i have apple keyboard and USB dongle to connect with the keyboard and the issue basically when are start virtualbox the Apple keyboard stopped working

and I have to close virtualbox and reboot a keyboard to work again :cry:

I tried to reinstall the windows actually in new machine using the same dongle apple keyboard and I got the same issues when I open up virtualbox keyboard stop working :oops: :|

anyone have an idea of what's going on ??
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I merged your two topics. According to the forum rules, duplicate posts are not allowed. It's not good etiquette...
Chern0

Post by Chern0 »

omg that's really distracting , I think you should delete the old post and leave the new one ,
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

No post gets deleted. But, here's what I'd like you to do:
  • Start VirtualBox and see your keyboard get grabbed.
  • Close VirtualBox.
  • Locate the file "C:\Users\<you>\.VirtualBox\VBoxSVC.log". Please notice the "." before "VirtualBox".
  • ZIP that file and attach it here.
Chern0

Post by Chern0 »

here it is
Attachments
VBoxSVC.rar
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Chern0

Post by Chern0 »

here another log - with out bluetooth dongle on

the only difference in line 21

Code: Select all

00:00:00.096947          Getting USB descriptor failed with error 31
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I'll try to talk tomorrow morning with the developers, because there's nothing in the log that shows the USB being captured. Recognized, yes. Captured, no. So, I'll need some more time...