[Resolved] Issue : My VM stopped working

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
alexglvr

[Resolved] Issue : My VM stopped working

Post by alexglvr »

Hello,

I need your help as my VM stopped working. It starts but impossible to login.
After entering passwd, it seems to restart.

Here are the logs errors :

[ModEdit: Partial, copy/paste, raw text "VBox.log" and "VBoxHardening.log" deleted]

Thank you for your help
Last edited by socratis on 24. May 2018, 20:26, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Marked as [Resolved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Issue : My VM stopped working

Post by socratis »

Partial logs are not that helpful I'm afraid. Please ZIP and attach the full logs. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
alexglvr

Post by alexglvr »

here they are !
Attachments
Logs.zip
(187.22 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

2274.20c0: supR3HardNtChildWaitFor[2]: Quitting: ExitCode=0x0 (rcNtWait=0x0, rcNt1=0x0, rcNt2=0x103, rcNt3=0x103, 166663 ms, the end);
You do not have a hardening problem. On the surface. Read the following FAQ: "Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues".

However, from your VBox.log, you need to either fix, or uninstall OneDrive. Which, BTW, isn't even properly installed, it's on your LocalAppData directory:
00:02:26.186296 supR3HardenedErrorV: supR3HardenedScreenImage/LdrLoadDll: rc=VERR_SUP_VP_NOT_OWNED_BY_TRUSTED_INSTALLER fImage=1 fProtect=0x0 fAccess=0x0 \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Users\Alexandre\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\18.065.0329.0002\amd64\FileSyncShell64.dll: supHardenedWinVerifyImageByHandle: TrustedInstaller is not the owner of '\Device\HarddiskVolume4\Users\Alexandre\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\18.065.0329.0002\amd64\FileSyncShell64.dll'.
00:02:26.186537 supR3HardenedErrorV: supR3HardenedMonitor_LdrLoadDll: rejecting 'C:\Users\Alexandre\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\18.065.0329.0002\amd64\FileSyncShell64.dll' (C:\Users\Alexandre\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\18.065.0329.0002\amd64\FileSyncShell64.dll): rcNt=0xc0000190
VirtualBox VM 5.2.4 r119785 win.amd64 (Dec 18 2017 15:47:18) release log
That's an old version of VirtualBox, we're now up to 5.2.12. Don't forget the Ext.Pack for the host and the Guest Additions (GAs) for your guest. Like you forgot the last time...
00:00:16.910367 VMMDev: Guest Additions information report: Version 5.1.14 r112924 '5.1.14'
00:00:03.081038 CPUM: Physical host cores: 4
00:00:02.686298 NumCPUs <integer> = 0x0000000000000004 (4)
You have assigned all your CPUs to the VM. The host is going to run low on resources, since VirtualBox cares about physical processors (cores), not logical ones (threads). See "CPU Cores versus threads" and "Why is it a bad idea to allocate as many VCPUs as there are physical CPUs?".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
alexglvr

Post by alexglvr »

Thank you for your answer.

I changed the CPU number to 3, quit OneDrive. But it is still the same.
NB: My other VM are working well, only one is affected

Here are my new logs : several logging tries
Attachments
Logs.zip
(141.28 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Last edited by alexglvr on 24. May 2018, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

alexglvr wrote:several logging tries
I do not need several logs, you're not paying me enough! ;)
  • Gathering the necessary information:
    1. Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state).
    2. Observe the error, i.e. try to login.
    3. Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
But, first, I really need an explanation about this part:
alexglvr wrote:It starts but impossible to login. After entering passwd, it seems to restart.
and why do you think it's a VirtualBox problem, and not something wrong with the guest. Especially when you say:
alexglvr wrote:My other VM are working well, only one is affected
alexglvr

Post by alexglvr »

It was working well yesterday. I shut it down and when I restarted it this morning impossible to log into.
Debian starts, and it arrives on the User / pass login.
I enter the password. and instead of arriving on the Debian Desktop, it "restarts" (I can show you if you have teamviewer)
I have lots of work inside this debian and I have to solve that
alexglvr

Post by alexglvr »

I found the problem. It was due to the virtual drive that was almost full.
I managed to connect in ssh and remove some files.
I can log now.

Thank you for your help
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

alexglvr wrote:I found the problem. It was due to the virtual drive that was almost full.
Thanks for the feedback!
Not sure how to close this, I think I'll go with [Resolved].