Mouse and keyboad not working with dock station

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
senol

Mouse and keyboad not working with dock station

Post by senol »

Hi All,

I have a laptop and a dock station (USB-C). On my dock station, I have plugged two screens, a mouse and a keyboard.
  • If VB is not running, when I plug the laptop in dock station, all works fine
  • If VB is running, when I plug the laptop in dock station, the screens work but the mouse and the keyboard don't. I need to close VB, unplug the dock station and plug again.
I have tried to:
  • reinstall VB
  • clean my registry by removing UpperFilters entry and install manually from C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\drivers\USB\filter
Do you have an idea how I can fix this problem?

Thanks
Last edited by socratis on 23. May 2018, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed formatting.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Mouse and keyboad not working with dock station

Post by socratis »

No, not really... Docking stations have their own set of problems, including sleep deprivation, network traffic lost, USB issues, etc., because the whole "tree" changes. Just search at the bug tracker for "dock" or "docking".

You have discovered your best option, which is to shutdown VirtualBox (including the VMs) and restart it...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.