[WorksForMe] VirtualBox 5.2.12 MousePointer Properties Not Acknowledged

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
RetiredGuy

[WorksForMe] VirtualBox 5.2.12 MousePointer Properties Not Acknowledged

Post by RetiredGuy »

Win-10 Pro 64-bit ver 1803 Host
Win-10 Pro 64-bit ver 1803 Guest
Win-10 Pro 32-bit ver 1803 Guest
i7-4790 3.6 ghz w/16g RAM

Both 64 & 32 bit versions ignore mouse pointer size and/or appearance (x-large inverted), and furthermore, 32-bit's left-click functionality on/with taskbar is not guaranteed...
Anybody hear of this? Got a solution?
Last edited by socratis on 27. May 2018, 11:03, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Marked as [WorksForMe].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VirtualBox 5.2.12 MousePointer Properties Not Acknowledged

Post by socratis »

RetiredGuy wrote:Both 64 & 32 bit versions ignore mouse pointer size and/or appearance (x-large inverted)
A guest has its own set of cursors, they don't/can't inherit the host's cursors, if that's what you're referring to. So, you'll have to configure your guests accordingly...
RetiredGuy wrote:32-bit's left-click functionality on/with taskbar is not guaranteed...
I'm not quite sure I understand that part. Could you elaborate?

I won't be asking you yet for any logs, first I want to see if I understand the problem correctly,...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
RetiredGuy

Re: VirtualBox 5.2.12 MousePointer Properties Not Acknowledged

Post by RetiredGuy »

For the one person reading - this problem resolves itself after multiple shut-downs.
I'm inclined to believe that it's a Windows problem, as I still have other mouse issues in my main machine...
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: [WorksForMe] VirtualBox 5.2.12 MousePointer Properties Not Acknowledged

Post by socratis »

RetiredGuy wrote:I'm inclined to believe that it's a Windows problem, as I still have other mouse issues in my main machine...
Could very well be. If you have any custom driver, mouse modifying software, uninstall it.

Marking as [WorksForMe].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.