Problems after the new update. W10 with W7 vm

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
alzheimer

Problems after the new update. W10 with W7 vm

Post by alzheimer »

Hi!

I have a W10 running severals vm, linux runs ok, but now the W7 vm are extremely slow, even with 4gb of ram.

Everything was right until I updated the new version 5.2.12 r122591. The guest addition was updated too and they were not helping.

I don't know if I'm the only one with this issue, but I need a solution.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Problems after the new update. W10 with W7 vm

Post by andyp73 »

We will need to see the VBox.log file from one of the Windows guests. Boot the guest, make sure the problem occurs then shut the guest down (by force if necessary). zip the log file and post it.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
alzheimer

Post by alzheimer »

Logs!

I think the problem is the guest addition. Just worked with other machine without them and works fine
Attachments
logs.zip
vlog
(135.77 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

Have you looked at the task manager in one of the Windows 7 guests to see if there is anything that is taking up excessive amounts of CPU or IO resources?

Your Intel i7-6700HQ only has 4 cores and you appear to have allocated them all to the guest. This is potentially going to cause resource starvation to the host. You should reduce it to 2.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.