Can not use the keyboard and the mouse

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
dktrunks

Can not use the keyboard and the mouse

Post by dktrunks »

hello people, I'm new to the linux world and I want to learn how to use kali linux for virtual box mode. the issue is that I made some conf and something is wrong, I can not use the keyboard and neither the mouse: / what did I do wrong? of step .. there is some post about the confi of each item?

Thank you! people! :wink:
Last edited by socratis on 17. May 2018, 15:48, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed title to something more appropriate.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Can not use the keyboard and the mouse

Post by socratis »

First of all, when posting in a forum for help, "help" is not a wise choice of a title for a thread. Everybody is here for help. Can you imaging if everyone's title was "help"?

Go to your VM Settings » USB, and see if you have a filter enabled. If yes, delete it.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
dktrunks

Post by dktrunks »

If you are right, next time I will put a more direct thread, I did what you said and when I was loading the kali I jump this ----> FATAL NO BOOTABLE MEDUIM FOUND SYSTEM HALTED
Last edited by socratis on 18. May 2018, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Open up a Command Prompt and post the output of the command:
  • VBoxManage showvminfo "<Your_VM_name>"
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.