trying to install Kali Linux on VM

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
quanghai

trying to install Kali Linux on VM

Post by quanghai »

Hello,
I'm trying to install Kali Linux2016 on VM (5.1.22)
windows 8.1
but I got this problem
Error in supR3HardenedWinReSpawn
NtCreateFile(\Device\VBoxDrvStub) failed: 0xc000000e
STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE (160 retries) (rc=-101)
make sure the kernel module has been loaded successfully

where: supR3HardenedWinReSpawn what: 3 VERR_OPEN_FAILED(-101) -File/
Device open failed. Driver is probably stuck stopping/starting. Try 'sc.exe query vboxdrv' to get more information about its state. Rebooting may actually help.

followed by
failed to open session for the virtual machine kali

Details
The virtual machine 'kali' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1). More details may be available in 'C:\Users\username\VirtualBox VMs\kali\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'.

Result Code:
E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component:
MachineWrap
Interface:
IMachine {b2547866-a0a1-4391-8b86-6952d82efaa0}
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: trying to install Kali Linux on VM

Post by andyp73 »

quanghai wrote:I'm trying to install Kali Linux2016 on VM (5.1.22)
VirtualBox 5.1.22 is now 12 months old so you should consider updating to the current (5.1.38 or 5.2.12 depending on which stream you want to follow) unless you have a good reason not to.
quanghai wrote:More details may be available in 'C:\Users\username\VirtualBox VMs\kali\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'
If you can post the log file (zipped of course) then we may be able to give some specific advice beyond the guidance in FAQ: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.