Windows 10 run linux guest fail

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
NickNoName

Windows 10 run linux guest fail

Post by NickNoName »

Windows 10 success create guest linux guest vm, but always can not run.

Error message:

Code: Select all

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine centos69.

Raw-mode is unavailable courtesy of Hyper-V. (VERR_SUPDRV_NO_RAW_MODE_HYPER_V_ROOT).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ConsoleWrap
Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

64 bit Windows 10 Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393] only can create 32 bit linux guest.
Can not find 64 bit guest linux/windows OS selection.

Enable VT selections in BIOS.
Has tested uninstall virtual box and reinstall as administrator.

Disable Hyper-v in bcdedit, now bcdedit command show:
hypervisorlaunchtype Off

Antvirus software is Mcafee.
Unsure how to close it.

VBoxHardening log file is attached.
Forum deny txt for large file size, so I compress it to zip.

Any idea or suggestion is welcome.

Thanks.
Attachments
VBoxHardening.zip
(19.07 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Windows 10 run linux guest fail

Post by socratis »

1820.a00: supR3HardNtChildWaitFor[2]: Quitting: ExitCode=0x0 (rcNtWait=0x0, rcNt1=0x0, rcNt2=0x103, rcNt3=0x103, 4489 ms, the end);
You do *NOT* have a hardening problem error, you have a Hyper-V interference error.

After making 110% sure that Hyper-V is disabled in the Windows Features, you might want to make sure that Fast Boot is disabled and do a cold boot (i.e. shut down the host for a minute or two). You also must make sure that nothing else is using Hyper-V, things like antivirus, debuggers, emulators, etc. Check out the article "I have a 64bit host, but can't install 64bit guests" to get some ideas...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
NickNoName

Post by NickNoName »

Thanks for reply.
I tested all the items, but oracle vm still not working.
Any one have any idea ?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

This is Hyper-V being active. No one knows what's using Hyper-V, you got to do some digging on your own. If you're using Win10 1803, then there might be a couple of additional "features" that use Hyper-V, without telling you: And your McAfee may be clear, as far as the hardening goes, but it may use hardware acceleration (aka, VT-x). Check for that too. But as I said, you have to do the searching, unfortunately...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.