Maximize,minimize,restore and close button not showing

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
mustafakarakus

Maximize,minimize,restore and close button not showing

Post by mustafakarakus »

Maximize,minimize,restore and close button not showing . i remove virtual box reinstall but the problem has not been solved . please help me ...
The problem is in the official file attachment.
Attachments
help.png
help.png (72.3 KiB) Viewed 4530 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Maximize,minimize,restore and close button not showing

Post by socratis »

That's on a Windows host? Weird. Any chance you've installed any custom themes, theme changers, window managers, advanced (I don't know what) features? Because this does NOT happen on a new Windows installation, so something's up with yours. I simply don't know exactly what...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mustafakarakus

Post by mustafakarakus »

yes windows host I did not install a theme
. It looked to me first. he disappeared while creating virtual machines. I reinstalled it did not come back.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

That does not change my answer. These are your options, from easy to desperate:
  • Look at what software you have installed in your host.
  • Uninstall all unnecessary, not-needed software.
  • Re-install Windows if everything else fails.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

The highlighted area is on the menu bar, that is not where max and min buttons appear. Those appear on the caption bar, which you have not included.

Please provide a VM log file (whichever VM you ran last will do). With the VM fully shut down, right click it in the GUI. Select "Show Log" and save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip file. Attach the zip here.
austin_light

Post by austin_light »

Hi guys
I have exactly the same problem. I haven't installed something questionable on my Windows 10 host and installing the latest Virtualbox version (5.2.14 r123301) also didn't fix anything.
This is very annoying!

Can someone please help?!
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

austin_light wrote:I haven't installed something questionable on my Windows 10 host
Try to reformat and install Win10 from scratch. Tell me if you have the same problem then...

The thing is that you *have* installed something that's interfering. We can't tell you what that something is, we're not sitting in front of your computer, you are. Uninstall everything and see at what point the problem gets resolved. With reboots in-between to make sure that all is unloaded...
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

Look for something else that installs a QTx framework.
austin_light

Post by austin_light »

Formatting and installing Win10 from scratch is unfortunately not an option. I uninstalled whatever I could but it didn't solve anything.

Can you please be more specific about "something else that installs a QTx framework"?
mpack
Site Moderator

Post by mpack »

austin_light wrote:Can you please be more specific about "something else that installs a QTx framework"?
Specific about what? I can't tell you what software you have installed on your PC. Lots of things use Qt, especially cross platform open source stuff.
amadont12

Post by amadont12 »

Believe it or not. This worked for me. Right click on the shortcut for Virtualbox. Change "Run:" to "maximized". Close out the manager if it's open. Then reopen it.