[Resolved] Guru Meditation Error on W10 Host

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
DonVetOne

[Resolved] Guru Meditation Error on W10 Host

Post by DonVetOne »

Greetings... I have moved a Windows XP VM to a Windows 10 Pro host and get the following error only in normal mode. The VM does boot in safe mode however... please assist. Log attached (I have just upgraded to Ver. 5.2.12 and this has not made any difference...)
Attachments
VBox W10 Logs.zip
(243.02 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Last edited by socratis on 11. May 2018, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Resolved].
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Guru Meditation Error on W10 Host

Post by andyp73 »

VBox.log wrote:
00:01:56.225802 !!         VCPU0: Guru Meditation -2301 (VERR_REM_VIRTUAL_CPU_ERROR)
You are hitting a guru meditation that is most likely caused by this...
VBox.log wrote:
00:00:03.588316 HM: HMR3Init: Falling back to raw-mode: VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes
Your Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G3930 @ 2.90GHz supports VT-x so as a first step you need to enable it in the BIOS and see if that fixes it. As the versions of VirtualBox evolve, more and more of its functionality is dependent on VT-x and raw mode support is being left behind.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
DonVetOne

Post by DonVetOne »

Thanks that has done it! :D
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Thanks for the feedback. Marking as [Resolved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.