Virtual Box exit code 1

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
msf

Virtual Box exit code 1

Post by msf »

VBoxHardening.zip
VBoxHardening.log file
(6.39 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Hello,

I have been using virtual box with docker without any issues until last week. But, now I am facing unsolvable issues for a week with docker and virtual box.
From Docker toolbox:
Starting "default"...
(default) Check network to re-create if needed...
Unable to start the VM: C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxManage.exe startvm default --type headless failed:
VBoxManage.exe: error: The virtual machine 'default' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1). More details may be available in 'C:\Users\shais\.docker\machine\machines\default\default\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'
VBoxManage.exe: error: Details: code E_FAIL (0x80004005), component MachineWrap, interface IMachine
Looks like something went wrong in step ´Checking status on default´... Press any key to continue...

I have reinstalled VB and docker many times, I have also tried all solutions provided in the link "Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues", but to no avail. Last week my Antivirus detected a malware running on my system and it was removed. But running a "sfc /scannow" returns no fixes. Neither there is "More than one thread in process" in the VBoxHardening.log . I need to use Docker, please help me solve this issue. :(
I have attached VBoxHardening.log file for reference.
VBoxHardening.zip
VBoxHardening.log file
(6.39 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Last edited by msf on 8. May 2018, 08:58, edited 1 time in total.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Virtual Box exit code 1

Post by socratis »

Docker is a program that relies on VirtualBox but modifies its configuration files in unknown ways to us. It is not supported on these VirtualBox user forums, they have their own Docker support channels. If you are having this problem with a standalone version of VirtualBox, then we can continue this discussion.
VBoxHardening.log wrote:
2678.4828: supR3HardNtChildWaitFor[1]: Quitting: ExitCode=0x1 (rcNtWait=0x0, rcNt1=0x0, rcNt2=0x103, rcNt3=0x103, 991 ms, the end);
Please read really carefully the following FAQ: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues for some generic guidelines/ideas.

I'd start with McAfee...

PS. For future reference you should ZIP your logs. It helps save a (virtual) tree or two... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.