[WorksForMe] Install Virtual Box- Windows 10 - Blue Screen - Cause: Realtek Driver

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Hello Motto

[WorksForMe] Install Virtual Box- Windows 10 - Blue Screen - Cause: Realtek Driver

Post by Hello Motto »

Windows 10 Pro Version 1511
VirtualBox-5.1.34

Every time I try to install Virtual Box (this version and older versions), during every install of Virtual Box I receive a blue screen (Whea Uncorrectable Error).
The cause is the Realtek Driver, because, one time, just before beginning to install VB, I disabled the driver from Device Manager and installation went smooth without any problem. After that I enabled the driver back and I got the famous Blue Screen.

Any tips towards resolving this ?
Last edited by Hello Motto on 26. Apr 2018, 09:06, edited 2 times in total.
Hello Motto

Re: Installing VB - Windows 10 - Blue Screen - Cause: Realtek Driver

Post by Hello Motto »

The solution:

Usually, when I install the drivers for my OS, I use Driver Booster (software that automatically downloads your drivers).
I just download the LAN Driver from the manufacturer of my motherboard and I just installed it over the driver put by Driver Booster and now is all ok.

You know what's funny: 1 week ago I needed VB and I erased my Windows 10, I put Windows 7 to work with VB and yesterday I needed to return back to Windows 10.
At least, I just found what was the problem.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Installing VB - Windows 10 - Blue Screen - Cause: Realtek Driver

Post by socratis »

Glad you got it going, thanks for the feedback. Marking as [WorksForMe].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.