Windows 10 Ver 1709 Vbox error

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
yotama

Windows 10 Ver 1709 Vbox error

Post by yotama »

Hi
i am getting error on Virtual Box after update to 1709
VirtualBox Error In supR3HardenedWinReSpawn
(rc=-5640)
Please try to reinstalling VirtualBox

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: MachineWrap
Interface: IMachine {85cd948e-a71f-4289-281e-0ca7ad48cd89}
i try to reinstall and i got the same error. i update to the last ver and still get the same error i use the guide for check the Hardening and it's the same result

i attach the log. Please help

ty
Attachments
error.png
error.png (16.31 KiB) Viewed 3325 times
VBoxHardening.zip
(12.93 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Windows 10 Ver 1709 Vbox error

Post by andyp73 »

VBoxHardening.log wrote:
15ec.25ac: More than one thread in process
Something is trying to inject itself into the VirtualBox process which isn't properly signed. The most likely suspect is the Trend Micro software you have installed. Ideally, you should uninstall it but if that isn't possible you need to setup exceptions for VirtualBox.

More guidance can be found in Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues

If that doesn't fix it, then posting the VBox.log file might give some more clues.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
yotama

Post by yotama »

Hi
try for the replay
we have Trend Micro install and have setup exceptions for VirtualBox and still we get errors on when users try to run the VM

i attach the Vbox log
Attachments
VBox.zip
(21.8 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
lmarecha
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux

Post by lmarecha »

Is that when you start the VM in normal, detached or headless mode ? or all of them ?
yotama

Post by yotama »

lmarecha wrote:Is that when you start the VM in normal, detached or headless mode ? or all of them ?
all of them
andyp73
Volunteer
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

There isn't anything obvious in the VBox.log file so it looks like the original issue in the hardening log is your culprit.

My preference would be to temporarily uninstall the Trend Micro software to prove that is the culprit but if you can't uninstall it then you should check that the exceptions you have added are correct and complete. Other potential candidates could be web filters, debuggers, etc.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
yotama

Post by yotama »

i will try to uninstall Trend Micro to test the issue
i add exceptions to Virtual Box
i will update
ty
yotama

Post by yotama »

Hi
i attach new log after remove of Trend Micro
same error
Attachments
VBoxHardening.zip
(11.66 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
andyp73
Volunteer

Post by andyp73 »

I can't see anything else obvious in the log files so you are probably going to need to wait until one of the experts in this field wander past.

-Andy.
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Still the same problem. So, it wasn't Trend Micro.
1ff0.1ff8: More than one thread in process
I'm going to say that you are in a business environment, and a web filter has been installed to stop you using work computers to visit sports and social media sites. Such programs are incompatible with VirtualBox. They must either be uninstalled, or an exception added for VirtualBox. Looking again at the log, I see QIPCAP.DLL loading, which is part of WebSense, a web filter app.

Web filters are not the only apps which do this, e.g. remote desktop apps might do it too. It's up to you to consider what software you have on the PC which might do this.
yotama

Post by yotama »

hi
i remove WebSense but it's the same :(

i attach new log
Attachments
VBoxHardening.zip
(11.66 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

QIPCAP64.DLL is still there and also seems to be signed by WebSense, so I don't think you got rid of the latter entirely.

I'll also draw your attention to the last paragraph of my previous post: you ought to know what "snooper apps" are installed on your PC, so it ought to be much easier for you to identify the culprit than it is for me, so I encourage you to think about it.
yotama

Post by yotama »

Hi
it happen to more Desktop and Laptops in my office
i can't just go and delete the programs . It used to work before nothing change on the systems i need help to resolve this issue
ty
Last edited by socratis on 25. Apr 2018, 07:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

yotama wrote:i need help to resolve this issue
Re-install Windows in-place, and don't install any 3rd party applications. Install VirtualBox, make sure it works. Start installing your apps one at a time, testing VirtualBox in between. At a point, the culprit will appear. Then you'll know which application was causing the grief.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
yotama

Post by yotama »

Hi
we are on Domain network the 3rd application is a must have
Last edited by socratis on 25. Apr 2018, 10:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.