Integrity Error Found evil handle to budding VM Process

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
JW13

Integrity Error Found evil handle to budding VM Process

Post by JW13 »

All,

I've scoured the web for articles about this and seem to be coming up empty handed. Since the Windows 1709 update rolled through (build 16299.125) my Virualbox has stopped working. When I try to start a VM, it gives me the error in the title, with some details and the guidance to try to reinstall VirtualBox. I've reinstalled. I've updated Windows to build 16299.371. I've disabled the antivirus during the uninstall, install, and running. I've also cleared out the .virtualbox directory in the user folder. Can I get some more guidance?

It looks like this is happening during the "Creating process for virtual machine "xxx" phase.

Thanks,

John
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Integrity Error Found evil handle to budding VM Process

Post by socratis »

JW13 wrote: I've disabled the antivirus during the uninstall, install, and running.
Try to completely uninstall the antivirus, not simply disable it. And when running the VirtualBox installer, right-click on it and select "Run As Administrator".
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
JW13

Post by JW13 »

I'll give that a shot an let you know how it turns out. Have you ever had that work, or is this a theory?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

JW13 wrote:Have you ever had that work, or is this a theory?
Most failed installation attempts (like yours) worked when the OS returned as close to its original state as possible. Meaning the complete uninstallation worked. In practice. On a lot of occasions. ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

JW13 wrote:Have you ever had that work, or is this a theory?
Um. If you don't provide any logs then everything we say about your problem is speculation.