[Solved] GURU MEDITATION a critical error occurred while running the virtual machine

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Munim

[Solved] GURU MEDITATION a critical error occurred while running the virtual machine

Post by Munim »

Hi, i am really stuck with this error right now and been unable to move forward. only way i sorted out to get rid of it is to create a new machine install linux again and then save machine state whenever I want to turn my computer off.
otherwise, if I shut down my Virtual Machine in virtual box, I never get able to run it again and get this Guru meditation error.

I will appreciate if someone can help me in this regard.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: GURU MEDITATION a critical error occurred while running the virtual machine and machine executio

Post by andyp73 »

As we aren't sat in front of your computer or residing in your head then you are going to need to give us much more information than you have to allow us to help you.

Start by posting a log file from the guest that is causing a problem (zipped of course).

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
Munim

Re: GURU MEDITATION a critical error occurred while running the virtual machine and machine executio

Post by Munim »

Andy,

Please take a look. I have attached the ZIP file for logs. Basically everytime I run VM I get an error stated in the subject of this post.

Thanks
Munim
Attachments
VBox.log.zip
(56.79 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
Last edited by mpack on 12. Apr 2018, 18:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Discard extra logs.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

The most likely cause of your problem is going to be:
00:00:02.975250 HM: HMR3Init: Falling back to raw-mode: VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes
You will need to enable this in the BIOS as more and more guests (even 32bit ones) seem to need it.

Also,
00:00:02.896631 Guest OS type: 'Ubuntu'
As the log shows VT-x support as being disabled then I guess you don't get any of the options for 64bit guests. Once you have VT-x enabled, select the "Ubuntu (64bit)" template if you are installing the 64bit version.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
Munim

Post by Munim »

Thanks,

I am so sorry to bother you but where can i find option to enable VT, i am new to linux.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

It's an option in the host BIOS, so it has nothing to do with Linux - or VirtualBox for that matter. Basically, your PC disables VMing for dubious security reasons. You need to enable it. Your PC user manual or support forum can tell you how.

p.s. In future we don't need 50 different logs and screenshots, since I doubt that anyone will bother to look at all of them. One relevant log is plenty. I have modified your attachment accordingly.
Munim

Post by Munim »

Hey thank you very much. I followed your instructions and it worked.

I appreciate your assistance. -Thanks

-Munim Shabir