my ubuntu16lts.vdi folder icon is a pdf

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
pompom

my ubuntu16lts.vdi folder icon is a pdf

Post by pompom »

Hi,

I installed ubuntu on win10 host, somehow I do not know what happened when I try to start virtual machine, got message

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Ubuntu16LTS.

The virtual machine 'Ubuntu16LTS' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1). More details may be available in 'C:\Users\pom4p\VirtualBox VMs\Ubuntu16LTS\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'.

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: MachineWrap
Interface: IMachine {b2547866-a0a1-4391-8b86-6952d82efaa0}

I do not know somehow the folder named Ubuntu16LTS.vdi has a pdf picture on it, which means that this virtual box is a pdf file.

How can I fix this?

thanks

Nixie
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: my ubuntu16lts.vdi folder icon is a pdf

Post by socratis »

1. Please read really carefully the following FAQ: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues for some guidelines/ideas.
  2. Your icon being that of a PDF file has nothing to do with VirtualBox, but with your Windows installation. You need to fix that from your host.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.