Mac OS Sierra critical error

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
mattmiller223

Mac OS Sierra critical error

Post by mattmiller223 »

I'm trying to use the Mac OS Sierra in VirtualBox and I keep getting a guru notice saying to check my logs. Can someone tell me what's wrong?

ALSo, my log file is too big so what am i supposed to do about that

[Mod Edit: Big, black only, rectangle removed. It added absolutely nothing to the description of the problem]
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: Mac OS Sierra critical error

Post by andyp73 »

mattmiller223 wrote:my log file is too big so what am i supposed to do about that
You would zip it and post it. As it is, you have posted in the "Windows Hosts" part of the forum which means you are mostly likely trying to install Sierra as a guest onto non-Apple hardware which is both not supported and also a violation of the Apple license agreement. See Important notice regarding Mac OS X as Guest.

One of the friendlier sys admins will be along shortly and will lock this thread. If you are one of the very few exceptions that runs Windows on genuine Apple hardware and want a macOS guest then they will need proof before allowing the discussion to continue.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Mac OS Sierra critical error

Post by socratis »

andyp73 wrote: If you are one of the very few exceptions that runs Windows on genuine Apple hardware and want a macOS guest then they will need proof before allowing the discussion to continue.
As in sending me a PM to unlock the thread. With some evidence that the VM runs on Apple hardware...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.