VERR_SUPDRV_NO_RAW_MODE_HYPER_V_ROOT

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
KarlBaumann

VERR_SUPDRV_NO_RAW_MODE_HYPER_V_ROOT

Post by KarlBaumann »

Hi!

I am getting the following error, does anyone has an idea how to fix it?

Hyper-V is removed, VT-X should be enabled.
screenshot-confluence.tools.cha.rbxd.ds-2018.03.01-17-34-36.png
screenshot-confluence.tools.cha.rbxd.ds-2018.03.01-17-34-36.png (121.58 KiB) Viewed 14273 times
PS. Had to insert code as image, because forum said: "You must be a member for 1 days and have 1 posts before you can post urls."
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: VERR_SUPDRV_NO_RAW_MODE_HYPER_V_ROOT

Post by mpack »

I'm afraid that Vagrant is not supported on these forums. If you can demonstrate the problem happening with a standard install then we can look at it a bit harder. For the moment I'd only suggest making 1000% sure that Hyper-v is disabled, then restart the host from a complete power down.

p.s. You didn't need to upload an image - you could have provided a zip attachment in the same way you provided an image attachment.
wdupree

Post by wdupree »

Found this issue on SO:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/500 ... windows-10

And I am having it now. On the Fast Ring, latest build 17666.

Raw-mode is unavailable courtesy of Hyper-V. (VERR_SUPDRV_NO_RAW_MODE_HYPER_V_ROOT).

Result Code:
E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component:
ConsoleWrap
Interface:
IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

Happens in my Android (Marshmallow) and Windows (7) Guests on the Windows 10 Host. Made sure Hyper-V is unchecked in the features as well as the new "Windows Defender Application Guard" which I noticed turns on a "type" of Hyper-V that causes problems with VirtualBox. I've removed the installation completely and reinstalled, enabled and disabled Hyper-V and WDAG and rebooted and run the command line and powershell commands to ensure that Hyper-V is off. Any other ideas as to how to resolve this? Thanks!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

1. Ask Microsoft what new ways they invented this time to sneak Hyper-V.
  2. Take a look at https://winaero.com/blog/enable-memory- ... indows-10/
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
wdupree

Post by wdupree »

Sorry for the delay, that worked! They must have added something somewhere like you said. I found out the same thing when they added WDAG. I will leave feedback with all this information - hopefully the next fast ring build will fix it.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

wdupree wrote:I will leave feedback with all this information - hopefully the next fast ring build will fix it.
I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. A poster today mentioned that a new version of Edge runs in a container. The way I see it, now that they've added a new word to their dictionary (virtualization), they're going to slowly "sandbox"/virtualize each and every aspect of the OS to run on its own.

Next stop: Minesweeper in a container!
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.