Fatal error during installation

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
oddsox

Fatal error during installation

Post by oddsox »

At a certain point during installation I see this:
(here is the green progress bar going backwards)
and then:
Installation failed. Fatal error during installation.

this is not the first time I try to install VB on my laptop but first error. Before it was OK.

I tried the most recent version and older ones too.

Anyone had the same problem?
Please help
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Fatal error during installation

Post by socratis »

This is a Microsoft Installer error, not a VirtualBox one. The VirtualBox installer is a standard MSI install file. Check to see if you have any corrupted MSI database files: Oh, and if you have any 3rd party antivirus, disable or even better uninstall them.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
oddsox

Post by oddsox »

socratis wrote:This is a Microsoft Installer error, not a VirtualBox one. The VirtualBox installer is a standard MSI install file. Check to see if you have any corrupted MSI database files:
Oh, and if you have any 3rd party antivirus, disable or even better uninstall them.
Thanks buddy,
I followed your instructions but unfortunately with no success.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Re-install Windows. Something is botched beyond normal repair that I can think of. Or start searching the web...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.