Please Help Guru Meditation Error

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Omnibyte

Please Help Guru Meditation Error

Post by Omnibyte »

I use ubuntu on my windows 10 machine before and had this same issue after i used the virtual machine for a while. Its fine at first but then at some point when I boot it up it has this error.
Attachments
Logs.zip
(239.78 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Please Help Guru Meditation Error

Post by socratis »

Please note that we don't need 4 VBox.logs, 4 black screen PNGs and the VBoxHardening.log. Just the VBox.log for a start. But thanks for zipping it!
00:00:01.302725 HM: HMR3Init: Falling back to raw-mode: VT-x is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes
00:00:42.818433 !!         VCPU0: Guru Meditation -2403 (VERR_TRPM_DONT_PANIC)
If you address the first part (enable VT-x in your BIOS), that will fix most probably the Guru meditation.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Omnibyte

Post by Omnibyte »

Appreciate the quick response but how exactly do i do that? And is it that ubuntu bios or my windows 10 bios?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

There's no Ubuntu or Windows BIOS. There's your computer BIOS. I don't know what your computer is, but search for the documentation from the manufacturer on how to access it. You basically need to reboot your computer and while at the boot screen you need to get in the BIOS. Usual keys are F12, Esc, F8, Del, but it depends. Your i7-4790 supports it.

In there you should see something about hardware virtualization, VT-x, hardware extensions or similar. Enable that.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.