VirtualBox only showing 32 bit after reboot Windows 7

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
jopps

VirtualBox only showing 32 bit after reboot Windows 7

Post by jopps »

So I have this wierd problem that I have been trying to fix for a couple of days now. When installing the latest version of VirtualBox, I can only choose 32 bit when creating a new Machine. After some googling, I found a solution where all I had to do was to Repair the program using the installation file. After repairing, the 64 bit versions shows up. However, after repairing, Virtualbox tells me to reboot my system in order to complete the reparation. But after rebooting the system, I'm back where I started, where only 32 bit is showing up which has left me in some sort of evil circle.
Also, if I try to run a 64 bit Machine after repairing, but before a reboot, I get the following pop-up error: NtCreateFile(\Device\VBoxDrvStub) failed: 0x000000e STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE (164 retries)(rc=-101).

I am using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit with a Intel Core i5-2540M CPU @2.60GHz. I have(atleast I think I have) disabled Hyper-V and the Intel Processor Identification Utility says the Intel Virtualization Technology and Intel VT-x is enabled(I dont have the BIOS password so I can not verify this in the BIOS itself).
Does anyone have any solution to my annoying problem?
Thanks in advance
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: VirtualBox only showing 32 bit after reboot Windows 7

Post by mpack »

Please post a VM log file. With the VM fully shut down, right click and "Show Log" in the GUI, save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip, and attach the zip here.
jopps

Post by jopps »

mpack wrote:Please post a VM log file. With the VM fully shut down, right click and "Show Log" in the GUI, save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip, and attach the zip here.
Hope I got it right. This is after a Repair but no reboot has been made(i.e 64 bits are available).
Attachments
OS High Sierra-2018-02-12-14-06-47.rar
(5.77 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »