Video capture and EFI issues

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
InkyG
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Ubuntu 17.10, Fedora, KDE Neon, W10 Insider Preview, Classic versions of MS Windows and DOS

Video capture and EFI issues

Post by InkyG »

First I just want to say, thanks a lot for adding audio recording to the screen recorder with version 5.2.6, but unfortunately the audio seems to be terribly out of sync on legacy BIOS VM's recordings and enabling the screen recorder causes EFI virtual machines to instantly abort, sound enabled or not. And I also wanted to point out the "VBoxInternal2/EfiGopMode" command seems to no longer work in the latest version (5.2.6.), as the resolution remains 1024x768 no matter the mode you select.
mpack
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Video capture and EFI issues

Post by mpack »

Thanks, but I'd have thought your comments better belonged in the 5.2.6 feedback topic, rather than in some lonely post in a loosely associated hinterland.
InkyG
Guest OSses: Ubuntu 17.10, Fedora, KDE Neon, W10 Insider Preview, Classic versions of MS Windows and DOS

Post by InkyG »

Oops, sorry, I'm kind of new to the forums, didn't realize there were sections dedicated to specific version, I'll be sure to post there next time.
Last edited by socratis on 18. Feb 2018, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

The problem is not specific to 5.2.6. I was able to reproduce it. I'm testing to see how far back it goes, but I can't post all the results yet because the developers are aware of the problem, and they're working to address it in the development builds. If I get any positive news, I'll try to post an update...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Problem fixed in the latest test builds. It was a problem with the VM name containing a period as part of its name.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.