guru meditation

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
dess

guru meditation

Post by dess »

00:01:08.328064 emR3Debug: rc=VERR_TRPM_DONT_PANIC
Please help me! this is my .log
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: guru meditation

Post by andyp73 »

One line copied from the log files doesn't help. Can you upload the whole file (zipped) so we can take a look?

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
MattAIB

Guru meditation error

Post by MattAIB »

My virtual machine isn't working. I've tried different ways to fix the guru meditation error, but it didn't works. So, maybe this is the only solution. I've posted the
VBox.png
, but I can't post the
Vbox.log
because the size is too big. Please reply me as quickly as possible!
Attachments
VBox.png
VBox.png (938 Bytes) Viewed 3596 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

MattAIB wrote:but I can't post the Vbox.log because the size is too big.
andyp73 wrote: Can you upload the whole file (zipped) so we can take a look?
Emphasis mine...

PS. Andy, you'll soon find out that adding the emphasis will be a required step... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
andyp73
Volunteer
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

As we do a passable version of good cop, bad cop I'll leave the emphasis to you (for now at least)!

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
MattAIB

Guru meditation error

Post by MattAIB »

This is the log:

*Please reply as quickly as possible!
Attachments
VBox.zip
(44.89 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

MattAIB wrote:*Please reply as quickly as possible!
This is the 2nd time that you ask for that. Why exactly? Do you have priority support? If you do, it's not with the rest of the users of this forum, so I'm not sure where you're trying to apply this psychological pressure. Plus I don't see you being in a hurry to post the information requested to help us figure out the problem. A little patience never hurt anyone...

To your problem:
  1. Did this VM ever work? If yes, what changed?
  2. What is "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\New Image File.iso"? And what is it doing in the "Program Files" directory? And why are you trying to boot from it?
  3. Why is the VDI located in "E:\Disk_1.vdi" and why it's different from the VM name? Is this an imported VM? If not, how did it end up there. Complete, full and exact details please.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
MattAIB

Guru meditation error

Post by MattAIB »

Sorry! Actually I want to be replied as quickly as possible, because I can't wait to destroy the OS (Windows 2000 in Virtual Machine).

Here's the answers:

1. No. It never works yet.

2. Actually my .iso (original) file is not bootable, so I've used PowerISO (a program) to make it bootable.

3. I want to put the .vdi in E:\ hard drive because my C:\ hard drive is almost full!

Please apologize any mistakes, incomprehension, or incompleteness that I've made!
MattAIB

Guru meditation error

Post by MattAIB »

*Disclaimer:

Sorry, if my English is not good!

Reason: I'm leaving in Indonesia, and I'm not good at English!
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

You are getting the "triple fault" exception when the CD begins to boot, meaning that whatever is on that CD did something nasty, though we can't tell you what.

One thing I do see is that your Win2000 installer is most likely not standard, and the VM was not created in a standard way either - there are ISOs and VDIs scattered all over the shop. A combination of these probably explains the error.

Get yourself a genuine Win2000 setup CD, and install the OS using template defaults. I suspect the errors will then go away.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

MattAIB wrote:Actually my .iso (original) file is not bootable, so I've used PowerISO (a program) to make it bootable.
You don't "make" an ISO bootable if it's not designed/created to be bootable. As mpack suggested, there's something wrong with your installation media. Both the original and the one that you "made" with PowerISO.
MattAIB

Guru meditation error

Post by MattAIB »

mpack wrote:You are getting the "triple fault" exception when the CD begins to boot, meaning that whatever is on that CD did something nasty, though we can't tell you what.

One thing I do see is that your Win2000 installer is most likely not standard, and the VM was not created in a standard way either - there are ISOs and VDIs scattered all over the shop. A combination of these probably explains the error.

Get yourself a genuine Win2000 setup CD, and install the OS using template defaults. I suspect the errors will then go away.
So, why the Win2000 installer can be not standard? Is it caused by that my Windows 7, or else!

*I didn't understand so much about your reply! Please make it more understandable!
MattAIB

Guru meditation error

Post by MattAIB »

socratis wrote: You don't "make" an ISO bootable if it's not designed/created to be bootable. As mpack suggested, there's something wrong with your installation media. Both the original and the one that you "made" with PowerISO.
Installation media? is it the VirtualBox, Windows 7 (my original OS), or else?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

You sound like a fairly new user to VirtualBox. Since you are expected to know some basic terms before we engage in a meaningful discussion, I would suggest to start by reading three small chapters from the User Manual: VirtualBox does not provide the installation CD. You have to give the CD. The CD you gave is bad, not bootable.

PS. If you can't understand the answers, please use DeepL translator, or Google translate. You can use it for your questions. Use small sentences. It works better.
MattAIB

Guru meditation error

Post by MattAIB »

Ok! I've got it!!!

I will reply to you (again), if I'm getting another problem(s)!!!

:D :D :D :D :D