how do i access more than 16 colors

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Re: how do i access more than 16 colors

Post by andyp73 »

As mpack said several responses ago... do all this on your Windows host where you will already have all the necessary browsers and unzip tools. If you don't already have something to create ISO images then go download ISO Recorder and create an ISO with the extracted files. Mount the ISO into the virtual CD drive and away you go.

This isn't rocket science!

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
andreas aspenberg

Post by andreas aspenberg »

iso files requires a program that costs money. why pay to create iso files when i can simply run everything from within the emulator.
Guyver
Primary OS: Solaris
Guest OSses: Windows 7

Post by Guyver »

download CDBurnerXP.
go through the motions of creating a data disc
then, at the point where you'd burn the data disc, select the option to just save the iso file.

CDBurnerXP is free.

Including "How-To" link...

https://cdburnerxp.se/help/Data/createiso
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

ImgBurn also has a free copy, and no doubt a near infinity of others.

Seriously, this topic has more than run its course. The question about getting 16 colors was answered long ago, in fact in the very first reply 3 months ago. If you are too lazy to go find a free copy of CD burning software (or whatever else you are missing) then there is nothing anyone here can do to fix that. Locking this.