Kali on Windows 7

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Termin

Kali on Windows 7

Post by Termin »

Hey Guys,
i used Virtualbox a long time without any problems on the same configuration. But since a cuple of days (everytime i open firefox) the Guest OS is lagging.

Host: Win 7 Home, Intel i5 -3230, Geforce GT730M, 8GB RAM

Guest configuration: Kali Linux, RAM 3 GB, CPU 2 Core, hardware virtualisation is enabled, Graphic memory : 128 MB, 3d acceleration is enabled (disabled same issue)

The system works normaly until firefox wasn't open. After it the system laggs totaly.

Htop: CPU: max 30 %, RAM: 1-2 GB used
VB Version: (I used the newest but downgraded after the first issues), Guest Extension is the right one.

Firefox is reinstalled

Sorry for my bad english.

Edit: I upgraded my graphic driver to the newest version.
I installed a new version of Kali on a new VB Guest. The problem isn't solved :-/
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Kali on Windows 7

Post by socratis »

We're going to need to see a VM log from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM.
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.