VirtualBox 5.1 / 5.26 OS to VM issues

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Redd0g329

VirtualBox 5.1 / 5.26 OS to VM issues

Post by Redd0g329 »

Computer Info:
AMD 6 Core Processor
Windows 7 Pro 64Bit
240SSD HD
2T HD/500GB HD/250GB HD
Virtualization is active

I have had Virtualbox working without any issues for years. When 5.1 update came out I was hesitant to upgrade (everything was working so well I just wanted to let things be). Well I updated! and that's when my issues started. The holidays were here so I put off troubleshooting till I had time to jump into this. Here’s my issue. So, I recently blew out my computer and reinstalled my OS from scratch and one of the first things I did was to install Virtualbox 5.26. The Install with Extension Pack went without a hitch, everything seemed fine until it came time to put OS to a VM. Now the OS won’t install on the VM or I get a Blue screen on VM, installation goes thru but the VM won’t start (Tried a few times) and there’s always something different. I am just trying install server 2008 64bit on to a VM, something I’ve done hundreds of times. Has anything changed? Has anyone experienced the same issues and found a fix?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VirtualBox 5.1 / 5.26 OS to VM issues

Post by socratis »

Redd0g329 wrote:Has anything changed?
Yes, your setup:
Redd0g329 wrote:I recently blew out my computer and reinstalled my OS from scratch
Now, if you could also explain the following:
Redd0g329 wrote:Virtualization is active
Does that mean Hyper-V is active? If yes, you need to disable that feature and reboot. Hyper-V and VirtualBox don't play nice together.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Redd0g329

Re: VirtualBox 5.1 / 5.26 OS to VM issues

Post by Redd0g329 »

Thanks for the reply Socratis.
Virtualization is active in my bios. I don't believe Hyper-V is active, I don't see it listed in my windows features.