USB Not Working on MacOS High Sierra Guest

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Zane12

USB Not Working on MacOS High Sierra Guest

Post by Zane12 »

So, I have a VM guest with MacOS High Sierra on it. I use it to develop apps and I want to simulate it on my phone. I noticed that it won't recognize my phone, so I added a filter, and it still didn't work. I then went onto here to look for this issue and come across a post that said to remove the drivers. I then added the filter, removed all the drivers, and plugged my phone in. I am not that experienced with VirtualBox, however, in my Windows 10 Host's Bluetooth and Other Devices settings page, instead of seeing 'Apple Mobile USB Driver' and 'Apple iPhone' under 'Other Devices' I saw 'VirtualBox USB' under 'Other Devices'. I use VirtualBox version 5.2.0 (I don't want to update everytime it says "New update").

Every log file I found will be attached.

Please help me fix this.
Attachments
VirtualBox Logs.zip
(112.02 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: USB Not Working on MacOS High Sierra Guest

Post by socratis »

Unfortunately OSX guests are only supported on Apple hardware (which you do not have). See: Mac OS X guest on a Windows Host.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.