Troubles routing a server/Problemas enrutando un servidor

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
3surface3

Troubles routing a server/Problemas enrutando un servidor

Post by 3surface3 »

Hello everyone! I need made you a question. I´m doing a work in the 2nd course of middle grade of microinformatic systems and networks with 3 virtual machines: 1 windows server 2016, 1 windows 10, and 1 ubuntu. The windows server has 2 network cards (1 with a internet connection and other to connect with the other 2 machines and these can access the internet). I had connected the windows 10 machine and the ubuntu machine to the Windows Server machine activating the routing role (supposedly this machine is the router and do NAT). I have configured the machines with this network configuration: (Windows server (network card used to connect the other machines) IP: 192.168.0.1/24) (Windows 10 IP: 192.168.0.2/24 Gateway: 192.168.0.1) (Ubuntu IP: 192.168.0.3/24 Gateway: 192.168.0.1), but I couldn´t connect the 2 machines to the server machine and neither to the internet through the server. Can anyone help me with this problem please?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
¡Hola a todos! Necesito haceros una pregunta. Estoy haciendo un trabajo en el segundo curso de grado medio de sistemas de microinformaticos y redes con 3 máquinas virtuales: 1 Windows Server 2016, 1 Windows 10 y 1 Ubuntu. El servidor de Windows tiene 2 tarjetas de red (1 con una conexión a Internet y otra para conectarse con las otras 2 máquinas y estas pueden acceder a Internet). Había conectado la máquina con Windows 10 y la máquina ubuntu a la máquina con Windows Server activando el rol de enrutamiento (supuestamente esta máquina es el enrutador y hace NAT). He configurado las máquinas con esta configuración de red: (Servidor Windows (tarjeta de red utilizada para conectar las otras máquinas) IP: 192.168.0.1/24) (Windows 10 IP: 192.168.0.2/24 Gateway: 192.168.0.1) (Ubuntu IP : 192.168.0.3/24 Puerta de enlace: 192.168.0.1), pero no he podído conectar las 2 máquinas a la máquina servidor y tampoco a Internet a través del servidor. ¿Alguien puede ayudarme con este problema, por favor?
BillG
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 10,7 and earlier

Re: Troubles routing a server/Problemas enrutando un servidor

Post by BillG »

What network are you using for the 192.168.0.0/24 network? The two client machines and the 192.168.0.1 NIC of the server should all be in the same internal network.

What network are you using for the other NIC of the server? Does it have Internet access?

That is all that is required as far as VirtualBox is concerned. If the server is configured correctly as a NAT router and the default gateway of the 192.168.0.1 NIC is blank, the client vms should have Internet access through NAT.
Bill