Mouse Loses Functionality Inside Guest

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
FlashLopez06

Mouse Loses Functionality Inside Guest

Post by FlashLopez06 »

I'm running VB 5.1.30 on a Window 7 i7 x64 host. I have Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS (xenial) running as guest.
(Let me know if more details are needed)

The mouse has been a huge problem. Whether wired/wireless, once I enter the VB it stop responding to specific clicks. Keyboard works perfectly.

What I've noticed after a clean VM start up:

1. Immediately cannot click anything in the guest, although the VM message at the top of the screen says I should be able to.
2. I click on this browser in the host to type item #1 then click back in the VM and I'm able to click on and open Firefox.
3. I am not able to command anything in Firefox with the mouse (close screen, drag screen, etc) until I click the top menu bar for Firebox, and then go back to the browser.
4. I am able to open Terminal on top of Firefox. Once open, same as item #3 for Terminal. I also can't click on Firefox to bring it to the front, but I can drag the browser around for some reason.

Meanwhile, commands with the keyboard all work fine.

I've already tried killing the process for VBoxClient --draganddrop and that does nothing.

I'm stumped. :cry:
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Mouse Loses Functionality Inside Guest

Post by socratis »

FlashLopez06 wrote:although the VM message at the top of the screen says I should be able to
What "message"? What "top of the screen"? We're going to need to see a VM log from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM.
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.